Advanced Drawing Course
From the Still Life and Plaster Cast | With Nick Leavey
The advanced drawing course is essentially a course of preparation for representational painting.
- re-affirm the skills you have learned through the previous two courses, and refine those skills in preparation for the subtleties of painting.
- observe and draw a variety of objects and architectural constructions, elements of the human form, and draperies.
- produce a folio of drawings that show your ability to represent tonally, objects and the human form both from your imagination and observation.
Nick also recommends that you maintain a sketchbook both as a record of your observations and a focus for your ideas.
This course leads ultimately to you painting your own still-life compositions and/or of the human figure.
Course materials required:
- A range of pencils, 2B, B, HB, and H grades
- A small range of colour pencils.
- Black and white pastel pencils. Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel or similar
- A kneadable putty rubber
- A pencil sharpener or knife
- A2 cartridge paper (canson or similar)
- A 300mm straight-edge or ruler
- A suitable sketchbook. Nick uses a bound A4 book of plain cartridge paper
Drawing materials are generally available for a small cost at the studio. Alternatively, we would recommend a visit to Art Shed Brisbane or any other reputable supplier for your requirements.
The duration of the course is flexible, and varies according to your ability and progress. Some students will be quicker than others to grasp concepts and produce a folio of a high standard. For this reason, students may attend on a casual basis at $40 per session, or purchase a 10-lesson card for $370.
A further discount applies to full-time tertiary and school students.
View full pricing details
Back to Drawing with Nick Leavey
Back to Full Class Timetable