Plein Air Workshops June 17-18th 2017
Join Nick Leavey for two mornings of Plein Air painting.
Saturday 17 & Sunday 18th June 2017.
$125 per day, or $195.00 for both sessions
We will be painting in oils, and you will need your usual oil painting equipment and paints, which should include the colours listed below.
To book your place, CONTACT US or call the studio. There will be a maximum of six students.
Saturday morning's session will take place in and around Salisbury. We will meet at the studio at 8am. Sorry about the early start, but the Australian sun can be very damaging later in the day. The session will end around midday, depending upon the weather.
Nick will be giving a demonstration at the beginning of each session, and will advise you from there on.
Sunday mornings session will be at Lota Creek from 8.30am, meeting there and moving on to the Manly foreshore - where there is suitable shelter - if the weather is poor. See the maps below for details.
Each session will last approximately three hours.
You should bring with you:
- Sunscreen, a hat, long sleeve shirt, and plenty of water
- A selection of brushes
- Pre-primed and gessoed canvas, canvas board, or panel no larger than 200x250mm (8x10”). I tend to use Masonite panels.
- Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, French Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue (Art Spectrum is suitable), Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Ivory Black. You might also find Viridian, Yellow Ochre, and Alizarin Crimson useful, but not essential.
- Liquin or similar medium (optional)
- Odourless turps
- Rags and tissue
- A palette, easel, and perhaps a stool
- A bag for taking away your rubbish
Meeting points for Sunday morning: